This Spring we wanted to enjoy the taste of Islay again and planned a tasting called ‘Back to Islay’ 🙂 The hostess opened the meeting by serving us a blind whisky when we arrived. We tried guessing which distillery it was, but none of us thought about the closed ones… The hostess gave us Port Ellen 7th release!
We wanted to include one whisky from each distillery in our ‘Back to Islay’ tasting. Well, the line-up did not turn out just as we planned it due to some short notice cancellations. Anyway, we managed to get a taste from all the distilleries in production today. We tasted:
- Bowmore hand-filled 13 YO, distilled 4 March 2003, first-fill bourbon barrel, 56,1 ABV
- Caol Ila 1991 19 YO Auld Rare, #3324 bourbon barrel, 54,5 ABV
- Lagavulin Distillers Edition 1999, 43 ABV
- Bruichladdich PHD_135 Feis Ile 2016, 15 YO, bottle 292/1881, 50 ABV
- Laphroaig hand-filled 14 September 2016, distilled 1998, #700040, bottle 801, 59,3 ABV
- Ardbeg Ardbog, 52,1 ABV
- Kilchoman Sanaig cask sample
- Bunnahabhain 8 YO Moine, 60 ABV
A review of each whisky will follow in the coming weeks.