My fifth time at Cinderella Whisky Fair! I simply love the world’s biggest floating whisky fair! This year it was the tenth anniversary for the fair.
The fair is organized by Viking Line in three equal trips. This year I attended the first trip; Thursday-Friday. (Last year I did Friday-Saturday, read about it here.)
You board the boat at 5pm in the afternoon. The fair is on car deck and it is open from 6pm to 10pm. Then the boat leaves Stockholm for Åland. When the boat returns to Stockholm at 11am the morning after, the fair opens again and closes at 2pm. Again I experienced that seven hours is not enough. Next year I will definitely consider doing two trips! There is not enough time to talk to all the lovely whisky people!
This year I tasted these whiskies, listed in the order I tasted them:
- Bowmore 25 YO Small Batch Release, 43 ABV
- Bruichladdich 1990 27 YO Rare Cask Series
- Wolfburn Single Cask for Viking Line, first-fill bourbon
- Bruichladdich Octomore 08.2, 58,4 ABV
- Glenfiddich Age of Discovery 19 YO, bourbon casks, 40 ABV
- anCnoc rúdhan, 46 ABV
- Aberlour A’bunadh batch #58, 61,1 ABV
- Kilchoman Comraich batch #1, 55,5 ABV
- Islay #1 from That Boutique-y Whisky Company, 56,9 ABV
- Highland Park Full Volume, first-fill bourbon, 47,2 ABV
- Teeling Revival 14 YO, Pineau des Charentes, 46 ABV
- Teerenpeli PRKL, 40 ABV
- Balblair 2004, bottled 2017, bourbon casks, 46 ABV
- Kinahan’s 10 YO
- Kinahan’s Small Batch Irish Whiskey
- Paul John 6 YO batch 3, That Boutique-y, Whisky Company
- Bowmore Springtide
- Laphroaig 27 YO, 41,7 ABV
I also tasted Spirit of Hven Aquavit and was so impressed I bought a bottle straight away!
I’m already looking forward till next year!
Leave a Reply