Two Highland Park tastings in one week? Yes, please! First a tasting at Dr. Jekyll’s Pub with Martin Markvardsen on a Wednesday (read about it here), and then our own tasting on a Friday. This was a surely a nice week back in August 2017 🙂 It made us think back on our own tasting with Martin Markvardsen a couple of years ago!
The whiskies on the menu this Friday evening i August:
- Highland Park Einar 40 ABV (tasting notes will follow)
- Highland Park Odin 16 YO 55,8 ABV (tasting notes will follow)
- Highland Park 2003 9 YO Gordon & MacPhail 57,8 ABV
- Highland Park 4.164 Muddy Tractor SMWS 62 ABV
- Highland Park Dr. Jekyll’s Expression 59,8 ABV (my review)
- Highland Park Cask Strength 57,5 ABV
We chose to taste Odin early in this line-up to fully enjoy it 🙂 It turned out to be a wise decision. It worked very well tasting Odin before the two first-fill bourbon bottlings. Maybe placing the Cask Strength as the last one was not fair to the Cask Strength itself, but we could not think of a better order.
This was certainly a lovely line-up for the Ladies who love Highland Park in general AND high ABV whiskies!