Some weeks back I attended a Glenfiddich tasting at Underbar in Oslo. It is always nice to join a tasting where I get to taste many whiskies from the same distillery!
Glenfiddich Distillery is located in Speyside, Scotland. It was founded by William Grant. The last years they have released whiskies in their Experimental series. The main event this evening at Underbar was the latest release: Glenfiddich Winter Storm.
Mario Miron, representing the Norwegian William Grants and Son, took us through an exciting line-up. It is not every day you get to taste three different 21 YO Glenfiddich! Here are the whiskies:
- Glenfiddich 12 YO, 40 ABV
- Glenfiddich 15 YO Solera, 40 ABV (read my review here)
- Glenfiddich IPA Experiment, 43 ABV (read my review here)
- Glenfiddich Project XX, 47 ABV (read my review here)
- Glenfiddich 21 YO Cask sample American oak bourbon cask
- Glenfiddich 21 YO Rum cask, finished for six months in rum casks
- Glenfiddich 21 YO Winter Storm, 43 ABV (read my review here)
Thanks for a lovely tasting, Mario and Micke!
Leave a Reply