I have been at The Whisky Bar there quite a few times, both for tastings and to enjoy a whisky or two. I love the cosy and relaxed atmosphere. The food there is really good as well.
The Whisky Bar was established 10 May 2010. The last time I visited was 10 May 2017 – on the bar’s seventh anniversary! For the occasion they served a selection of their whiskies at some very decent prices. Of course I had to try some to celebrate 😉 I tasted:
- Glenburgie 1989 Samaroli, bottled 2008, #6766, 45 ABV.
- Cameronbridge 1978 29 YO Duncan Taylor, bottled 2008, #D5211, 57 ABV.
- Blair Athol 18 YO, a celebration of 200 year of malt whisky production 1798-1998, 56,7 ABV.
- Teeling 26 YO Vintage Gold Reserve Batch 1, 46 ABV.
- Glen Ord 25 YO Natural Cask Strength 1978/2004, 58,3 ABV.
- Glen Grant 1995 19 YO Berrys’ Own Selection, bottled 2014, #85139, 46 ABV.
No wonder bar manager Daniel Nimblad has a huge smile knowing he has 450-500 whiskies to choose from when he makes a suggestion for the customers. The Whisky Bar is open Monday-Saturday 3pm-3am which gives you plenty of time to enjoy whiskies, and maybe a beer 😉 I forgot to mention they also have some lovely beers on tap and bottle.
If you live in Oslo or visit Oslo I will definitely recommend a visit at The Whisky Bar!